Why does it show LTE instead of the Wi-Fi symbol at the top of my iPhone?

wildonrio

Jul 20, 2018
Visit site
You're responding to a post from 2015.

2017 was the latest reply before mine, so this thread has been spanning for years. This is the first result that comes up when people search for this problem on google. I was frustrated that nobody had the right answer here. Then I suddenly figured it out all on my own, by simply turning off and on cellular data. I wanted to come back to this thread, register, and supply the answer so people will know the right answer if they read through the whole thread.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
2017 was the latest reply before mine, so this thread has been spanning for years. This is the first result that comes up when people search for this problem on google. I was frustrated that nobody had the right answer here. Then I suddenly figured it out all on my own, by simply turning off and on cellular data. I wanted to come back to this thread, register, and supply the answer so people will know the right answer if they read through the whole thread.

Apologies. It would seem that this is the only forum I've ever been on that does not have an extremely strict rule on necroing (bring back from the dead) old threads, that typically go by the date of the first post.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Apologies. It would seem that this is the only forum I've ever been on that does not have an extremely strict rule on necroing (bring back from the dead) old threads, that typically go by the date of the first post.

It sometimes seems to me that old/very old threads are the composition of most of the searchable internet ! I hate having to read the dates on every article I see in a search, search tools only being partially effective.

Charles Walker6

Apr 19, 2019
Visit site
I have found that this problem arises sometimes when I am using NornVPN on my phone and goes away if I disconnect from the VPN--maybe have to restart the phone.

wifiproblemssolved

May 27, 2019
Visit site
I was experiencing the same issue on my home network on my iphone 6s running iOS 12.3. I tried all of the above, as well as resetting network settings on the phone and resetting the home modem+router. Oddly enough as soon as I unplugged the phone from charging via my laptop, the wifi icon came back. Not sure if there is deep network setting that controls this on either device, but hey it worked!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I was experiencing the same issue on my home network on my iphone 6s running iOS 12.3. I tried all of the above, as well as resetting network settings on the phone and resetting the home modem+router. Oddly enough as soon as I unplugged the phone from charging via my laptop, the wifi icon came back. Not sure if there is deep network setting that controls this on either device, but hey it worked!

Does it do that if you don't use the laptop to charge?

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2