How can I delete a mailbox?

I

iMore Question

How can I delete mailboxes from my gmail account on iPad 2?
I follow all the steps, but as soon as I press delete, it bumps me right back to my opening screen. So I click on mail again, and that mailbox is still there. I must be doing something wrong. I need COMPLETE INSTRUCTIONS...PLEASE!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I no longer have a gmail account so I cannot test it for you in that regard. Having said that, all you should have to do is the following.

1. Initiate the native Mail app.
2. Select the specific email account you'd like to delete a mailbox from.
3. Select "Edit".
4. Select the mailbox you'd like to delete. Note: Some mailboxes cannot be deleted. The ones that cannot be deleted will be grayed out.
5. After selecting the mailbox you'd like to delete, select "Delete Mailbox". and then select "Save".
6. If taken to the previous screen, select "Done".

Dan Caldwell

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
I'm having the same problem as I cannot delete a mailbox. It goes right back to opening screen. There is definitely a problem with this app. Since I cannot delete it, how can we get Apple to fix the problem.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same problem as I cannot delete a mailbox. It goes right back to opening screen. There is definitely a problem with this app. Since I cannot delete it, how can we get Apple to fix the problem.
Are you referring to folders?
Tap edit in top right corner.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422807467.317975.jpg
Tap the folder (or mailbox) to delete.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422807506.050631.jpg
Tap delete mailbox, then tap "save" in the top right corner.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422807622.556257.jpg

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2