Password Managers that work for android and ios apps?

I

iMore Question

Do any of the password managers handle ios or android apps? or just websites? I was hoping to find a password manager that would take care of both apps and websites. Just installed LastPass on Windows, ipad and iphone but seems to only be useful for websites.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
1Password was fun to enter all 60+ of my passwords into. It's a really cool password app and service.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

xderiwx

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm still trying to decide if I trust these things enough to use one. Been really looking into 1password lately and have been trying to read up on as much as possible about the pros/con's of using one. Problem is, every time I read some positive things about using one, right before pulling the trigger I read something else that makes me rethink that decision. :)

Posted via the iMore App for Android

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
What issues are you seeing about not using it. I have been using 1password since its been out and have never had an issue.

xderiwx

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
First, to the OP, sorry for jumping in on your thread!

Thanks for your replies!
My main concerns were having the password manager as a single point of failure after reading a bunch of articles and also the Citadel Trojan that's targeting password managers, but it seems to be mainly for Windows? In particular with 1password, I have been seeing a lot of people claim that their customer support isn't that good, and updates need to be purchased (Mac).

After all that, I am actually leaning towards going with 1password for Mac, iOS and Android. From the ones I've researched I like it the most. Lastpass was a possibility but I don't like the subscription model. After reading a lot about strong password creation and the danger of having a single point of failure, I think I'm going with 1password for the majority of my passwords, but maybe keep specific ones to myself and try to create the strongest passwords I can. Seeing that you guys trust it with your extremely important information helps put me at ease a bit though. :)

Posted via the iMore App for Android

xderiwx

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
I went with 1Password for iOS/Mac and Android and have been enjoying it thus far! iOS and Mac versions much more so than Android though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2