Is anyone else getting a black screen for a second or two when opening the Messages app?

paul haseldine

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Randomly when I get a message when I open the app I get a black screen this lasts about a second or so then the message opens. Happens about 3-4 times a day. Anyone else seeing this.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: iPhone 6 message app

I haven't had this problem. Is it happening in an area of low service?

Sent from my Gold iPad Air using Tapatalk

paul haseldine

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site

Hi, no great signal spoke to Apple a few times in the end they said it was probably a software issue told me to do a full restore in iTunes, did that and the problem returned within 12 hours.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Hi, no great signal spoke to Apple a few times in the end they said it was probably a software issue told me to do a full restore in iTunes, did that and the problem returned within 12 hours.

Did you restore from a back up? If so, you may have restored the problem. Restore as new. Then if it does it again, it's a hardware issue and they should either fix it or give you another phone.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

paul haseldine

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi ,I took the phone to my local Apple shop they're 99%sure it's a software issue but they exchanged the phone anyway, told me to set it up as a new phone, I told them I needed to retrieve things from my backup so they said restore from my backup retrieve what I needed then wipe the phone and set it up as a new phone,did that and within 12hours got the same problem with the new phone very strange.