using two Apple devices to play music

I

iMore Question

I have limited data thru my wifi carrier, live in a rural area. I'm buying a new stereo system, and want to be able to store music on an apple device and plug it directly into my receiver, to avoid streaming. But I'd like to be able to access my iTunes library from another device remotely (sitting outside on the deck for example), and select songs to play from my iTunes library, and see what songs are currently playing. How can I do this?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Buy a device large enough to physically store much of your library...sync the device to iTunes and have it physically store the music on device and you never have to stream it... Make sure the new stereo can either act as a device that will AirPlay from your phone, or accept a cable for the phone.

hubelea

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
Thank you! If I use AirPlay, it won't automatically stream the music? If I don't have my phone physically connected to the receiver? So iPod connected to receiver, and phone outside on the deck not connected, phone using AirPlay to control the stereo and music? Stereo guy is coming out tomorrow, I think Yamaha has the AirPlay option...

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
If music is physically stored on your device, it won't stream using AirPlay...it will in a sense... From your phone to the stereo... You won't use a data plan to do it.