I generally buy my music on Amazon. And I have it auto save to iTunes.
    Now all that works fine, as long as you have a PC.
    If I go into the Amazon app on my phone, obviously the music I buy is there.
    But I noticed there is no download option to my device.
    Am I correct in my assumptions, that you need a PC and iTunes to sync the music?
    I only ask because it brings me back to my other thoughts, what happens if you don't own a PC?
    I am guessing it is another limitation of IOS, that they allow you to buy from 3rd party, but with limitations.
    And they prefer you to buy from iTunes for obvious reasons.
    I plan on sticking with IOS upgrade time, but wish there was an easier way to get my music onto my device, without a PC, and iTunes
    Thanks, and Happy New Year!
    12-28-2014 05:57 PM
    Correct. If you buy music from a third party, there is no way to copy it into the iOS Music app without using iTunes. You can, however, use the their party app like Google Music or Amazon Music to play it.
    joemd60 likes this.
    12-28-2014 06:00 PM
    Thanks Karen, I put my music directly onto the device itself, so I can play it on my stereo in my car. Either way, it's fine.
    12-28-2014 06:03 PM
    One can also use iTunes Match to get 3rd party purchased music into the iTunes ecosystem...
    joemd60 likes this.
    12-28-2014 06:04 PM
    One can also use iTunes Match to get 3rd party purchased music into the iTunes ecosystem...
    True. Although you still need a windows or mac pc to do so. And iTunes.
    12-28-2014 06:08 PM
    Amazon auto saves to iTunes, provided I go into my Mac and the Amazon app, and download to the hard drive. It's getting it to the phones internal storage.
    I was curious, that's why I asked if there was another way around it.
    I also used to save my music to a Cruz fit thumb drive.
    12-28-2014 06:08 PM
    Amazon auto saves to iTunes, provided I go into my Mac and the Amazon app, and download to the hard drive. It's getting it to the phones internal storage.
    I was curious, that's why I asked if there was another way around it.
    I also used to save my music to a Cruz fit thumb drive.
    Then iTunes Match might work well for you. Assuming you have your Mac and iTunes running when you purchase the music from Amazon, the Amazon Mac app should auto download the music and auto put it into iTunes. Then iTunes Match would automatically either match or upload the music and it would automatically then appear on your iPhone.
    joemd60 likes this.
    12-28-2014 06:11 PM
    Then iTunes Match might work well for you. Assuming you have your Mac and iTunes running when you purchase the music from Amazon, the Amazon Mac app should auto download the music and auto put it into iTunes. Then iTunes Match would automatically either match or upload the music and it would automatically then appear on your iPhone.
    At $25 a year, it looks like a pretty good deal.
    12-28-2014 06:14 PM