Hi. Love your articles. We got an iPad Mini wifi for my daughter as we did not think an iPhone was necessary, yet. We set up a new Family Share account. There is a good and a bad. Good news is her and her friends are not blowing up my phone their text messages. Bad is that I cannot get her new iCloud account messaging to be visible from my phone.

Please let me know how I can select to see her iMessages.

Thanks.
    12-26-2014 02:41 PM
    You would need to be both signed into the same account for that. And she would also see your messages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    12-26-2014 03:11 PM
    Just exercise your right as a parent to take it from her every once in a while and look thru them. I know the passcode on my kids' devices and they know that until they are an adult, I can look at their device(s) whenever I want to. I haven't had cause yet, but if I ever thought something was up, I wouldn't hesitate. And if they change the passcode without telling me, that is cause to take it away from them completely.
    cwbcpa likes this.
    12-26-2014 03:34 PM
    Just exercise your right as a parent to take it from her every once in a while and look thru them. I know the passcode on my kids' devices and they know that until they are an adult, I can look at their device(s) whenever I want to. I haven't had cause yet, but if I ever thought something was up, I wouldn't hesitate. And if they change the passcode without telling me, that is cause to take it away from them completely.
    This. Exactly this.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    12-26-2014 04:32 PM