Can I get some help, I am new to iOS? Can I get some advice with software, host file and ad blocking?

I

iMore Question

New to iOS: software, host file and ad blocking

Hey people,

I just got an iPhone 5s and I have never used iOS or any other apple device. I got some questions regarding the basic setup:

- Is there a good non-proprietary software solution to access my iPhone from my win7 PC other then iTunes? I'm looking for software that has the character of a real tool, like e.g. Total Commander.

- On my PC I use the basic prism break and ad/tracking blocking extensions for Firefox: Disconnect me, Adblock edge, https everywhere and self destructing cookies. Is there an equivalent for the iPhone?

- To save traffic I'd also like to use a combined mvps + someonewhocares host file. How do I do this on my iPhone?

- What should I use for mail (like Thunderbird)?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Niko

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: New to iOS: software, host file and ad blocking

For best results, iTunes is what to use... there are apps for ad blocking... not sure on host file... the stock mail app works fine for my use... try it before seeking greener pastures...

qwertzui

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
Re: New to iOS: software, host file and ad blocking

Thanks for your answer!
I'm sorry but iTunes is the kind of software I would only install on a virtual box.
My current find is iFunBox+Media Monkey for file handling.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh