I think everyone , of all age should have the right to win free Iphone 5s because everyone want free staff right?
    Is there any right that say people who are under 18 can't win free staff?
    12-24-2014 05:13 PM
    Where exactly are you seeing this restriction?
    12-24-2014 05:19 PM
    I think everyone , of all age should have the right to win free Iphone 5s because everyone want free staff right?
    My guess is that because "free stuff" comes with strings attached. In most jurisdictions, people under the age of 18 are minors, and not of legal age. They cannot legally enter into any kind of binding agreement, because they are minors.

Also, because those are the rules set forth by the people running the contest. They can require pretty much anything they want to restrict.
    Tartarus likes this.
    12-24-2014 05:36 PM
    My guess is that because "free stuff" comes with strings attached. In most jurisdictions, people under the age of 18 are minors, and not of legal age. They cannot legally enter into any kind of binding agreement, because they are minors.

Also, because those are the rules set forth by the people running the contest. They can require pretty much anything they want to restrict.
    Yep. Contest organizers could restrict a contest to only polka dotted people with a 5 octave vocal range if they wanted to.
    12-24-2014 06:42 PM
    First of all, winning is not a right. It's a privilege. Furthermore, various laws can dictate the age requirements of various contests. Having said that, whenever iMore have contests, it is for its "members" and not anonymous "guests". Finally, instead of waiting around hoping to win something, it may be more satisfying to work and save for an iPhone.
    12-24-2014 06:49 PM
    First of all, winning is not a right. It's a privilege. Furthermore, various laws can dictate the age requirements of various contests. Having said that, whenever iMore have contests, it is for its "members" and not anonymous "guests". Finally, instead of waiting around hoping to win something, it may be more satisfying to work and save for an iPhone.
    Kids today have entitlement I have never witnessed before. Some how they deserve everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    12-24-2014 10:22 PM
    The question remains, "Where is the OP seeing this contest stuff?"

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.
    12-24-2014 11:40 PM
    I've been seeing a lot of posts of this nature lately. It's sad. Only things I wanted free when I was a kid had consisted of sunshine, water, and good weather to climb trees.
    the_tech_eater and Tartarus like this.
    12-25-2014 09:16 AM