My old iPhone 5 had problems with chargers for ages, I had 7-8 of them and none worked for longer than a month even on the other phone. Today I charged it with a new iPhone 6 charger and it worked well, now the iPhone 6 won't support this charger. I plug and unplug it, I have cleaned the dirt out and it still doesn't work. Might be that damaged iphone 5 jack destroys chargers pls help
    12-24-2014 09:52 AM
    Are you using OEM/made for Apple chargers, or generic 3rd party? I've never had issues with genuine Apple or "made for I" accessories... They're worth the $$ in the long run as they last...
    12-24-2014 09:56 AM
    Welcome to iMore! Are you referring to the chargers (or adaptors) or the cables? Are you using MFi Certified cables and chargers? It's best to use only Apple chargers. Most MFi Certified cables work ok. If you're using an Apple charger and an MFi Certified cable and it's not working, then something is wrong with the phone. You said you cleaned the charging port. An Apple charger should last a lot longer than yours have. Or is it the cable that wears out? Mine wear out too fast because I use my phone while charging. But it's only the cable. The charger lasts a long time. How are you breaking your chargers?

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.
    12-24-2014 10:04 AM