How do I acquire a password to enable screen mirroring from my iPod Touch to my Sony Blue Ray player?

I

iMore Question

how do I acquire a password to enable screen mirroring from my ipod touch to my sony blu ray player?

I have an ipod touch, and I just purchased a sony blu disc player with a screen mirroring capability and I need a password to use it.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: how do I acquire a password to enable screen mirroring from my ipod touch to my sony blu ray pla

This Sony device can mirror Apple devices? didn't know they did that... If it's the blue ray player asking for the password, it's likely in the device's documentation somewhere...

Andreia Sheets

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
not sure if you have found you answer or not, but I had the same problem. What you have to do is after clicking the screen mirroring function on the player then you have to go into the setting on your phone or tablet and there should be a setting like project my screen or screen mirroring. You can't do it by connecting to the players wi-fi, believe me I have spent weeks battling with Sony support over that stupid wi-fi. They will tell you everything from it wants your network password to it means the device you are wanting to mirror is non compatible. Yesterday I had it over the password, luckily I did figure out the mirroring part the day I got it but that password has bugged me since a day or two before Christmas when I got the player. After DEMANDING, and I stress that word because I was told no, to talk to a supervisor, the very last excuse I was given was that the password for the player is not accessible to public, it is for the sole purpose of Sony and it's tech support. This bothers me because if you have played around with it enough you may have changed the name of your player to something easy, like Kat's blu-ray, but notice that when you look at the list of available wi-fi connections on your portable device it says something along the lines of Direct-r0-BluRay. Why does this bother me? Because once it is on the network connected to the internet (mine is NOT...live too far in the sticks for that) it can create a backdoor. I am guessing it is for tech support all they need is the mac address which is listed in the setting and at the bottom of the mirroring page and they can get in with that very password they refuse to allow you to have while denying it exists. I didn't go to college to be a network engineer for nothing folks! Hope this helps solve some of your questions.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit