Have pressed screen lock button several times but it is still frozen.
    12-19-2014 08:46 AM
    I assume that its on- Press and hold the home button and the power button at the same time until the screen goes black and the apple comes up- then let go- this reboots your device and should help if the screen is frozen
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    12-19-2014 12:41 PM
    I assume that its on- Press and hold the home button and the power button at the same time until the screen goes black and the apple comes up- then let go- this reboots your device and should help if the screen is frozen
    Yeah, just note that the above is a "hard reboot" and an Apple agent even told me to never do that unless it is a last-ditch effort. So, before doing that, I would just try holding the power button down first and see if the power off slider comes up. Then if it doesn't, take this route.
    12-19-2014 01:59 PM
    Yeah, just note that the above is a "hard reboot" and an Apple agent even told me to never do that unless it is a last-ditch effort. So, before doing that, I would just try holding the power button down first and see if the power off slider comes up. Then if it doesn't, take this route.
    It doesn't hurt the device at all to do a hard reboot. It's akin to doing a Ctrl-Alt-Del and rebooting a Windows PC. No harm.
    12-19-2014 03:21 PM
    I just did one this morning.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.
    12-19-2014 03:25 PM
    Press and hold the home button and the until the screen becomes clean and wait for the apple logo appear then release button. This might help.
    12-28-2014 10:52 PM
    They told you that so you would have to come in more. There is zero harm done. Period.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    12-28-2014 10:54 PM