I would like the option of turning off individual contacts' lock-screen notifications as well as sound. Is this in the works? I've tried using the "allow notifications from favorites only" option, but this only disables sound, not the banners, visual alerts. Same is true for general DND settings unless I'm missing something. I mean, I have to get the messages from my daughter's father, but I'd rather get them only when I search the messages app for them. However, I still want lock-screen alerts for most contacts.
    12-15-2014 05:01 PM
    May I suggest you offer your recommendations/requests directly to Apple? You can start with the following link:

https://www.apple.com/feedback/
    12-15-2014 06:02 PM
    Welcome to iMore! The whole point of DND is to hush the phone during sleep times or other times you want it to be quiet. So if you're asleep, what difference does it make if the lock screen flashes with a notification? Your post is a bit confusing. I'm not real sure what your needs are in regard to the DND feature. It works fine for me. I no longer get woke up at 3:00 am with Twitter notifications and text messages from Verizon. And no more wrong numbers. What is the reason you don't want the screen notifications to show during DND hours?

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.
    12-15-2014 06:16 PM
    i would like the option of turning off individual contacts' lock-screen notifications as well as sound. Is this in the works? I've tried using the "allow notifications from favorites only" option, but this only disables sound, not the banners, visual alerts. Same is true for general dnd settings unless i'm missing something. I mean, i have to get the messages from my daughter's father, but i'd rather get them only when i search the messages app for them. However, i still want lock-screen alerts for most contacts.
    ❏ yes
    ❏ no
    ❏ maybe
    12-15-2014 09:12 PM
    ❏ We shall see
    12-15-2014 10:35 PM