How can I delete photos that are duplicating if there is no trash can?

I

iMore Question

I tried your solution for deleting photos, but it does not work on "old" photos

It will delete the photos I have taken since acquiring a new iphone but the photos it imported from my old iphone will not be deleted, there is no trash can. AND the damn thing keeps duplicating my old photos, it is driving me crazy. if anyone has any ideas please email [redacted] at gmail.

Last edited by a moderator:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: I tried your solution for deleting photos, but it does not work on "old" photos

What solution are you referring to? Also, have you tried deleting the photos via iTunes?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: I tried your solution for deleting photos, but it does not work on "old" photos

Where are you looking for the trash can? Did you import your photos from iTunes or iCloud? So when you're on your camera roll, and tap "Select" in the top right corner, you don't see the trash can in the bottom right corner? Tap Photos to mark for deletion. And you don't see that? If not, you will need to delete those photos from in iTunes. Can you delete new photos taken with your phone?

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site

You have to go into the actual folder (iCloud photos) on the computer, delete the duplicates. Then add them back into the iPhone. It means you've either got duplicates in the folder or you're importing in copies when they're already in iCloud.