I. I have been trying to install an app I downloaded but I was put in a file that says purchesed but won't install. The app has a cloud next to it. I read that those ones have been downloaded already but if so then they should install. These apps are for my iPad 3 and they are free and still won't install. I have gotten a lot of apps but this one is the only one with the cloud and won't load. Please I am having a hard time with my new iPad. Please help
    12-15-2014 01:18 AM
    Hmmm, this depends. I've had this happen myself and come to find out, that specific app was either no longer available or had been temporarily removed from the App Store. The best way to find this out is instead of going through your past purchased/downloaded history and getting it from there, just do an App Store search for the app you are trying to get again. If it doesn't appear in the search, then it's gone. You won't be able to bring it back until either Apple or the Developer puts it back on the App Store again. In some cases, it may never reappear.

If it is still available, and you can't download it from the "search", try closing out of the app store in the multitask window (kill the App Store app), reboot your phone/tablet and try again.
    12-15-2014 11:38 AM
    The ones with the "cloud" icon next to them are ones that have been "purchased" (even if they are free) but are NOT downloaded on the device.

To the OP, have you tried touching the cloud icon to download them? What happens?
    12-15-2014 05:58 PM