How does one rejoin an iMessage they previously left?

anon9227349

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
As in a group message? I believe if you have Keep Message history on in settings. You can simply open a conversation with the same people, and it should continue as is.

I have a iMessage going with my two cousins. I close it often, but, if I want to continue, I open a new iMessage, add them, and start chatting.

ruthfrances

Sep 15, 2017
Visit site
Thank you for the suggestions. Here is my situation. It all happened diring Hurricane Irma. We lost power. My phone only had 15% battery. And there was still a long night ahead. People were texting to inquire about what it is like to be in the middle of hurricane. All the while I was trying to stay up to date through NOAA. I had. I chose to leave the group message so to conserve on my remaining battery life to keep it for critical updates. That is the long story of how I ended up in this situation where I left a group message. I had no idea that I would not be able to return. I do have the history. And one of the members did add me back. While the fix suggested in the prior posts worked ,it was temporary. Is there a permanent solution?