Restored my iphone 4 but getting an activation error, what should I do?

I

iMore Question

I wanted to restore my iphone 4. I restored it like anyone would do. Now I am trying to set it up or activate it and it's giving me an error saying "we cannot activate your phone right now, please try again later" I have heard that sometimes apple's servers are down tht is why your activation might not work but I have waited days and keep trying. Here are my list of questions:

- Right now my phone is restored entirely, I cannot access anything in the phone till it is set up and activated. If I hook it up with itunes, it shows me the same error message and not the iphone details page so I cannot restore it again to see if that is the issue

- Should I try to activate it with a sim card inside it? Once I turn my sim into a nano sim there is no going back, I just don't want to be left with a cut up sim and a phone not working. If you are sure that my iphone will not activate without a sim card, tell me and I will use a nano sim in it.

- Any other way to figure out what is going on? I am at a dead end here.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
contact your cell phone carrier and see if they can help. If you have another phone on the same number/account that could be the issue- Just guessing

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen