Hey All,

Is anyone experiencing weird time delays between forwarding of Gmail to iCloud to their iPhone 5S? Here are the details;
    - rule set up in Gmail to autoforward all mail and mark as read to iCloud so that I can get "push" email on the phone
    - 2 step authentication is turned off in Gmail
    - on iPhone, iCloud is set up (push) as is Gmail (fetch) with all services (I was debating turning off Gmail Mail and leaving Calendar/Contacts but left it on as I want to send email from my Gmail address still on the phone)

I noticed that some emails will have a delivery of (for example's sake) 1:12pm but when I open up the email I see that its details state it was delivered at 1:04pm, which is the time that Gmail got it. Why is there a delay in routing? I was under the impression that Gmail autoforwards immediately, and then iCloud pushes immediately. I could see a one or two minute delay (max) but some of my emails have been delayed by about 10-15 minutes.

If anyone else is experiencing this I'd love to know I'm not the only one. I'm a recent convert from Blackberry and not used to this email issue lol

Thanks
    JP
    12-02-2014 08:52 PM
    both over cellular and WIFI?
    unorthadox likes this.
    12-02-2014 10:10 PM
    Yup over wifi or cellular data.
    12-03-2014 06:27 AM
    Hey All,

Is anyone experiencing weird time delays between forwarding of Gmail to iCloud to their iPhone 5S? Here are the details;
    - rule set up in Gmail to autoforward all mail and mark as read to iCloud so that I can get "push" email on the phone

JP
    Mine is set to forward all incoming mails to icloud email and keep a copy on server,so that it gets downloaded over POP on my PC using MS outlook.
    I haven't set it up as a rule but in the mail forwarding option.
    Try doing that and see if it changes anything.
    12-04-2014 01:46 AM
    Sorry I should have been more clear - I used the forwarding option.

Ritesh do you experience any time delays?
    12-04-2014 06:21 AM
    Sorry I should have been more clear - I used the forwarding option.

Ritesh do you experience any time delays?
    I haven't checked vis-a-vis the time it was sent or received in Gmail, like you have mentioned above,but I get them 1st on my phone and then in my Outlook, which is set to fetch every 2 minutes.

How exactly are you checking for the delay?
    I see the time next to the senders name on my phone in the email list view. Where do you countercheck?

Edit: I did happen to check in the Gmail ( Actually Free Google apps mail) and except for 1-2 mails( where there is a delay of exact 1 minute on phone), all are in sync.
    12-06-2014 02:18 AM