Skype for iOS 8, with no apparent use, has used 1.02GB in cell data

I

iMore Question

Hi, since I got charged by my Cell Company a sky high bill, I installed DataMan Pro for iOS 8. It has been my life and wallet saver since, and for a few months, the cellular company has not chaged me for extra data transfer costs.

Today, I gasped to see that DataMan had added 36% to my low 4% cellular data usage. And this happened over the weekend! Being home, I usually have WiFi installed, and working, and something went wrong.

I have DataMan tell me what apps are using cellular data, and in 4 hours, Skype showed up consuming over 260MB of cellular data, and I was not on a call, I was not sending messages, and I was not upgrading Skype.

The iPhone built in Cellular Statistics state that Skype has only used 25.9MB, and the System Services, Software Updates have used 2.4 GB!!!

I wonder if this has happened to anyone else, and if so, can I get a refund from Microsoft for shadow or ghost updates. If I had to pay per MB, it would be over 100 USD for the data consumed on saturday.

Help!!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Go to Settings - General - Background App Refresh and check which apps have permission. Also, go to Settings - Cellular and then scroll down the list of app that ask for cellular access and then make the necessary changes.