Skype for iOS 8, with no apparent use, has used 1.02GB in cell data

I

iMore Question

Hi, since I got charged by my Cell Company a sky high bill, I installed DataMan Pro for iOS 8. It has been my life and wallet saver since, and for a few months, the cellular company has not chaged me for extra data transfer costs.

Today, I gasped to see that DataMan had added 36% to my low 4% cellular data usage. And this happened over the weekend! Being home, I usually have WiFi installed, and working, and something went wrong.

I have DataMan tell me what apps are using cellular data, and in 4 hours, Skype showed up consuming over 260MB of cellular data, and I was not on a call, I was not sending messages, and I was not upgrading Skype.

The iPhone built in Cellular Statistics state that Skype has only used 25.9MB, and the System Services, Software Updates have used 2.4 GB!!!

I wonder if this has happened to anyone else, and if so, can I get a refund from Microsoft for shadow or ghost updates. If I had to pay per MB, it would be over 100 USD for the data consumed on saturday.

Help!!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Go to Settings - General - Background App Refresh and check which apps have permission. Also, go to Settings - Cellular and then scroll down the list of app that ask for cellular access and then make the necessary changes.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2