I reactivated iMessage and it's still not working. Is my email address wrong or what? This problem is on my husband's iPhone 4 and now I can't message him from my MacBook Air. The other day, he changed the email address in his phone settings, and ever since then it's not working. I thought I put the correct one back in, but then I had to add his Gmail account to his "Mail" app. - More problems. Help!! Does it matter which email is in his phone?
    11-30-2014 05:16 PM
    I reactivated iMessage and it's still not working. Is my email address wrong or what? This problem is on my husband's iPhone 4 and now I can't message him from my MacBook Air. The other day, he changed the email address in his phone settings, and ever since then it's not working. I thought I put the correct one back in, but then I had to add his Gmail account to his "Mail" app. - More problems. Help!! Does it matter which email is in his phone?
    He should 1. Toggle on iMessage in Settings. 2. Then sign in to iMessage and FaceTime with his Apple ID email address. 3. Then go to Settings >Messages >Send and receive > Add any email addresses to receive iMessage to. He can list all his email addresses if he wants. Check those he will receive iMessages to. He should be able to send from his number. I think. Someone help me if I'm wrong.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.
    Last edited by Ledsteplin; 11-30-2014 at 07:54 PM.
    11-30-2014 06:55 PM
    As for adding his email addresses to his phone and mail app, he can add as many as he wants. It has nothing to do with iMessage. I have 4 Gmail accounts, 1 Outlook. 1 Comcast and my iCloud email address. All set up in the stock email app.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.
    11-30-2014 08:09 PM