I have not seen one attempt to label which Gorilla Glass is being used on the new iPhone 6's. As a matter of fact, I see more mention about the next Gorilla Glass (supposedly Gorilla 4)that may be used on the future iPhone 7.
    I thought that would be a basic question or spec that could be revealed to the public. I have seen some current non iPhone specs indicating that they are already using Gorilla Glass 3, and seeing as our iPhone 6's the latest and greatest, nothing is said about which glass is on there. Much time was spent about possibilities of using Sapphire, yet, when that indeed was not the glass being used, nobody has given specifications as to which glass is on the iPhone 6's. Why is it so secretive?
    11-30-2014 04:50 PM
    here I will explain this simply.

it is sort of a secret as to what glass was used. you know the glass that covers the rear camera and the Touch ID? it is sapphire glass. it is "indestructible" it is also used on the apple sport watch

Apple was planning to launch iphone 6 and 6+ with an entire screen made of sapphire glass. we wouldn't need cases or screen protectors

two companies were working together on this. Global tungsten and powders in Bradford county, PA...and another company in Arizona. shortly before iphone 6 was announced the Arizona company filed for bankruptcy.

Apple pulled the plug on the entire project. so they decided to switch to regular gorilla glass

(my dad works at Global tungsten and powders)
    11-30-2014 07:25 PM
    I have not seen one attempt to label which Gorilla Glass is being used on the new iPhone 6's. As a matter of fact, I see more mention about the next Gorilla Glass (supposedly Gorilla 4)that may be used on the future iPhone 7.
    I thought that would be a basic question or spec that could be revealed to the public. I have seen some current non iPhone specs indicating that they are already using Gorilla Glass 3, and seeing as our iPhone 6's the latest and greatest, nothing is said about which glass is on there. Much time was spent about possibilities of using Sapphire, yet, when that indeed was not the glass being used, nobody has given specifications as to which glass is on the iPhone 6's. Why is it so secretive?
    Because Apple never announces specific design and manufacturing details like that.
    11-30-2014 08:10 PM
    My guess it's that they used Gorilla Glass 3, as nowadays it's very common, yet very solid.

Sent from my iPhone 6 PLUS!
    12-01-2014 07:11 AM
    The report I read the other day said it isn't Gorilla Glass used in the iPhone 6/Plus.

This was in relation to reports that the new screens are susceptible to scratching easier than previous models
    12-01-2014 04:16 PM