Hi there,

I recently switched to an iPhone5s (formerly HP Pre3)... now everything is good and I'm even happy with the software keyboard (usad many Android devices before and this is what I hated most of the time)...
    Now the only real thing I'm not really happy with it iTunes and how organizing music works... with the Pre3 (as well as the Android devices), it was possible to just use the phone as a mass storage device and put the mp3s in there... now I seem to need iTunes... which wouldn't be THAT bad in the end if iTunes didn't suck badly... I really just want to drag and drop some music from/to my iPhone and not sync something and something else not... also it seems that iTunes ignores integrated Album covers from my mp3s and tries to import them from the net... which in case of some remixes just doesn't work... the result is an ugly placeholder image on my iPhone...

Now I know, I can use the iPhone as a mass storage device on my Debian laptop... the question is: is there any alternative Music player which will just grab any random mp3 from a folder I point it to loading album covers etc just from the ID3-Tags of the mp3s? If so, would I need to jailbreak my device in order to use it?

Sorry if these are stupid questions... just happen to not be familiar with the iOS world yet...

Thanks for your help
    11-26-2014 12:59 PM