A family friend of ours bought me an iPad. I'd been needing one specifically for the school I am going to attend. However, I don't know where they bought it, and I'm embarrassed to ask. I got the white one, but I want the gold one. I still haven't opened it! Can I take it to the apple store and exchange it for a different color?
    11-23-2014 02:01 PM
    Holiday Return Policy

Items purchased at the Apple Online Store that are received between November 1, 2014 and December 25, 2014, may be returned through January 8, 2015. Please note that all other terms and conditions provided in the Apple Online Store Sales and Refunds Policy are still applicable with respect to such items purchased. All purchases made after December 25, 2014 are subject to the Standard Return Policy.
    Standard Return Policy

There are a few important things to keep in mind when returning a product you purchased from the U.S. Apple Online Store:

• You have 14 calendar days to return an item from the date you received it.
    • Only items that have been purchased directly from Apple, either through the Apple Online Store or at an Apple Retail Store, can be returned to Apple. Apple products purchased through other retailers must be returned in accordance with their respective returns and refunds policy.
    • Please ensure that the item you're returning is repackaged with all the cords, adapters and documentation that were included when you received it.

Source: Apple Help - Returns and Refund - Apple Store (U.S.)

11-23-2014 02:17 PM
    A family friend of ours bought me an iPad. I'd been needing one specifically for the school I am going to attend. However, I don't know where they bought it, and I'm embarrassed to ask. I got the white one, but I want the gold one. I still haven't opened it! Can I take it to the apple store and exchange it for a different color?
    You can only take it to the Apple Store if it was purchased at an Apple Store or the Apple website. If it was purchased at another retailer it needs to be returned there.
    11-23-2014 03:27 PM