Yesterday I dropped my phone in orange juice for about 1 second or less. The glass was only half full so only the top half fell in (from the bottom of the volume buttons up. I wiped it of, shook it out, and, as gross as it sounds, sucked out the orange juice from the volume buttons and the on/off button. It works perfectly fine, but the silence and sound button above the + volume is very sticky and hard to move. I saw that putting it in rice was not good, so I didn't do that. When I shake it, it sounds like a little bit of a clicking sound... But I don't know if that's normal or not because I'm shaking it pretty hard. Does it seem like it's damaged or possibly could be? Please help me!
    11-17-2014 07:07 PM
    First and foremost, be prepared to replace the phone. Having said that, I would wait a couple of days to allow for the phone to completely dry out before attempting to power it on. By the way, I hope you powered it off immediately upon retrieving it from the glass of O.J. Anyway, if the phone starts after a couple of days, great. If it works like it did before, that's even better. However, it is not uncommon for random quirks to occur when a device has liquid damage. Some people can deal with it whereas others cannot.
    11-17-2014 07:12 PM
    Not sure where you heard rice was bad. I would power it off and stick it in rice for a few days to make sure it is completely dry.
    11-17-2014 07:13 PM
    My daughter spilled water on my MacBook Air, the keyboard was completely flooded. I used hairdryer and let it sit for a day. It is now working fine. However, a phone is a different creature, and being dropped into OJ might be quite bad. The good news: It is now full of vitamin C.
    bamf-hacker likes this.
    11-17-2014 08:01 PM
    Yea water is one thing, but oj may be a totally different beast! The stickiness and acidity may cause some issues. But hey, you never know! Best of luck.
    11-17-2014 10:26 PM
    My daughter spilled water on my MacBook Air, the keyboard was completely flooded. I used hairdryer and let it sit for a day. It is now working fine. However, a phone is a different creature, and being dropped into OJ might be quite bad. The good news: It is now full of vitamin C.
    Yeah! So it won't be prone to viruses, thanks to the vitamin C (not that Apple devices are that prone to begin with)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    11-22-2014 10:01 PM