Can you help me with iMessage-related problem I've been having since updating to iOS 8?

madno666

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I've been having problems with iMessages ever since updating to iOS 8. I can't seem to send or receive any iMessages from my iPhone, also when I try to send an iMessage it didn't even try to send it as an iMessage and sends straight as a text. Usually I'd just wait and see if an update comes out and fixes it but I've been working with a apple tech for about a month now and haven't found a solution. I recently found out that some important messages for my work are being sent via iMessages and I've been unable to revive them. If anyone can help me I'd be eternally grateful!

Thanks

Also if this isn't the right place to post this, I'm sorry. This is my first post.

Things I've tried so far-
Turning iMessages/FaceTime off and on
Signing out of and back into my Apple ID
Reseting my phone as a new iPhone
Reseting the network settings

I have an iPhone 5s running iOS 8.1

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
iMessage problems

Welcome to iMore Madno666

We apologize for not answering your question in a timely manner

First off if your using iMessage but your intended recipient is using a device from another platform it will automatically send as an SMS(green).

It seems you pretty much covered all the advised steps for fixing this issue but don't fret one of our members will be by to hopefully find a fix for this mystery

In the mean time check out one of our blog posts on this subject

http://www.imore.com/how-to-remove-phone-number-imessage-switch-android
How to remove your phone number from iMessage if you switch to Android via @iMore

http://www.imore.com/how-to-use-imessage
How to use iMessage: The ultimate guide via @iMore

madno666

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
Re: iMessage problems

Ok thanks! I looked over those guides but didn't find anything that worked to fix it. I'll keep waiting and hopefully someone has an answer

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: iMessage problems

Have you tried signing out of iMessage, reboot by holding in both buttons until the apple logo comes up then sign back in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711