Are there any TV tuners which work with Mac or iOS?

iwebkat

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Cord Cutter Question

I am now a new cord cutter. I believe I have everything I need in place to view the content I need. We do have an antenna to capture over the air HDTV, and it comes in surprisingly well.

My question is this: Are there any TV tuners which work with Mac and/or iOS? The Elgato site shows some for different countries. Some of these only work for satellite or cable. I also saw HDHomeRun which can work with EyeTV software for Mac & has iOS app for purchase. Has anyone used these? The articles I saw were written in 2011, so not sure if this is antiquated. Does anyone know if Yosemite supports EyeTV?

What do cord cutters use to view content? I do have Netflix, and could look into Hulu if I must, but thought there might be a way to DVR over the air TV. Does anyone have any ideas?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Cord Cutter Question

A google search revealed numerous USB type TV tuners. I've never used any so I cannot say how well any of them work when connected to a computer. As for content, the Apple TV provides all the content needed for a good deal of cord cutters, in my opinion. Netflix, Hulu Plus, WatchESPN, FOXNow and others are all included and worthwhile, in my opinion.

Coachbulldog

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site

I'm going to cut the cord and have a question for those that already have done it. Is there an indoor antenna that will pick up the signal in the basement of a home? I live in a fairly large metropolitan area in the United States and the cord cutters I know get excellent reception using an over the air antenna. However, none of them have televisions in the basement of their homes. I am wondering if the location of my television will be an issue.

dennis restauro

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site

I'm going to cut the cord and have a question for those that already have done it. Is there an indoor antenna that will pick up the signal in the basement of a home? I live in a fairly large metropolitan area in the United States and the cord cutters I know get excellent reception using an over the air antenna. However, none of them have televisions in the basement of their homes. I am wondering if the location of my television will be an issue.

You can mount the Antenna anywhere. Just run the Coax to the TV. You can split it and run it to multiple TV's if you like. Just be aware that there is a small dB loss in the signal for each split.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711