I would like to know if my photos and videos are backed up to iCloud, can I delete them from my camera and thus free up space for the iOS 8 update? Would I be able to retrieve these photos and videos at a later stage from iCloud?
    11-12-2014 04:19 PM
    No. I would not do that. Download Box. Upload your photos to Box. Then delete them from camera roll. You can delete apps and music as well. You can download them back afterwards. Even what you paid for. Also, delete messsges in the Messages app.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.
    11-12-2014 05:03 PM
    No. I would not do that. Download Box. Upload your photos to Box. Then delete them from camera roll. You can delete apps and music as well. You can download them back afterwards. Even what you paid for. Also, delete messsges in the Messages app.

That is a very good suggestion about deleting messages. One of my friends is running out of space on his phone the other day. I was looking at was hogging up all the memory and messages was hogging up over 1.5 GB
    11-12-2014 05:14 PM
    That is a very good suggestion about deleting messages. One of my friends is running out of space on his phone the other day. I was looking at was hogging up all the memory and messages was hogging up over 1.5 GB
    Some like to save every message. They add up. I've had very few I save. I just screen shot them and store in Box or Dropbox. I have turned iMessage off and forwarded messages to my email address. Then dropped in a folder. But that too takes space. Not as much though.

11-12-2014 05:21 PM