I would like to be able to print directly from my iPad to a printer without being connected to a home network - from a truck, motorhome, house that has no network set up, etc.

Are there any specific laser and inkjet printer models that will allow me to do easily this?
    11-10-2014 05:48 PM
    I would like to be able to print directly from my iPad to a printer without being connected to a home network - from a truck, motorhome, house that has no network set up, etc.

Are there any specific laser and inkjet printer models that will allow me to do easily this?
    You have to be connected to the same network for it to work using AirPrint from what I've read:

About AirPrint - Apple Support
    11-10-2014 05:51 PM
    I was hoping to be able to use the iPad when I'm not on my house network and still be able to print, without having to drag around a laptop with a usb connection.
    11-10-2014 10:20 PM
    I was hoping to be able to use the iPad when I'm not on my house network and still be able to print, without having to drag around a laptop with a usb connection.
    Well you don't need a laptop, but you would need a printer and the iPad to be on the same wifi network. I don't have a cellular iPad to test this with, but if you do and it supports hotspot, you could try turning the hotspot on to create a wifi network and then connecting the wifi printer to the iPad's wifi network. The printer would also need to support AirPrint but I think most newer ones do. The you could try printing from the iPad to printer. I know you can print directly when the are on the same wifi network, but I don't know if it work when the iPad itself creates the wifi network.
    11-10-2014 10:35 PM