I'm very confused about the purpose of a SIM card.

I'm currently using a Verizon android phone which is still under contract. I'd like to buy an off-contract Verizon iPhone 6, and use that as my primary phone instead.

The last time I purchased an off-contract phone, it didn't come with a SIM card. I just took out the SIM from my existing Verizon android, plugged it into the new off-contract Verizon BlackBerry, and the BlackBerry became my new phone (with same phone number). Easy.

But I swear I read that an off-contract iPhone comes with a SIM card? And yet, how could that be, if the SIM holds my account information and ordering an off-contract phone doesn't involve my account?

To complicate things more, the SIM in the Android won't fit the iPhone, so I'd need a smaller SIM card somehow anyway.

So what do I need to do, in terms of SIM cards, to move my existing mobile phone number from my Verizon Android (micro SIM) to an off-contract Verizon iPhone 6?
    11-06-2014 12:19 PM
    It should have a SIM card. I bought my Verizon 6+ off contract at the Apple Store & there was a SIM card in it already. Same with my son's 6. You can either use the new SIM or use your old one if it happens to fit.
    katesbb likes this.
    11-06-2014 12:30 PM