Iam looking to get a ipad, but do i need any other Apple devices.
    Last edited by Speedygi; 11-06-2014 at 08:20 AM.
    11-06-2014 05:34 AM
    Nope, an iPad stands alone, it's not like the BB PlayBook, it does not work any better with an iphone or with a Mac computer. An iPad works quite well with a PC for syncing with iTunes, and it's an excellent stand alone tablet. It could be all you need! (Not to discourage you from getting a MacBook though I LOVE mine! But a PC works just as well) Oh a nice addition is an Apple TV, but it is certainly not required, but with it, you can send content from your iPad to you TV. That being said your iPad will also work well with a Google Chromecast. I highly recommend getting an iPad.
    11-06-2014 09:30 AM
    Iam looking to get a ipad, but do i need any other Apple devices.
    I don't know. Do you? Will the iPad make phone calls for you or do you think you'll need an iPhone or a non-Apple phone? Will the iPad be sufficient enough for school or work, if applicable, or do you think you may need a MacBook? Only you can answer your own question.
    11-06-2014 11:50 AM
    I would say no you don't need another Apple product to enjoy the iPad. As for me, I've bought into the Apple eco system and I plan on getting a iPad Air2, AppleWatch and a Mac to go along with my iPhone (it just make things easier IMO), but thats just me....SMILE
    11-06-2014 11:58 AM
    I would say no as well.

I had an MBA long before I had my iPad 2, and my iPhone 5 almost 2 years after that.

Each device works fine as a standalone unit but it does make things easier and smoother staying within the eco system.

Sent from my 6/128/SG using Tapatalk
    11-06-2014 12:11 PM
    I would say no as well.

I had an MBA long before I had my iPad 2, and my iPhone 5 almost 2 years after that.

Each device works fine as a standalone unit but it does make things easier and smoother staying within the eco system.

Sent from my 6/128/SG using Tapatalk
    I like to have something in each eco system. I have iOS, Android, BlackBerry and Windows devices. But I'm more the exception than the rule. I know plenty of folks who prefer to keep it all with 1 system, and mainly it's Apple or Android.
    11-07-2014 11:16 AM
    I had an iPod (old ones!) first then I had several iPhones then I had an iPad. My experience is that once you get one Apple device you end up getting others. They work so well together and the ecosystem is the best there is for me.
    Next is a Mac.

So no, you don't *need* an iPhone before you get an iPad. But chances are, if you're anything like me, that the experience will be so positive that you'll end up with another.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6
    11-07-2014 01:57 PM