Why are my emails disappearing from my iPhone 6 and Mac?

I

iMore Question

I have an iPhone 6 with iOS 8.1 and a Mac. Recently when I go on my email on my phone and refresh my emails/email notifications will come up, but next time I refresh they disappear and are not in the trash. Then, when I go to see if they are on my Mac and I refresh it, they do not appear! Any idea what this is? If so, how can I fix it?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I've yet to experience anything like that, and I was unable to duplicate the problem on my iPhone 5. Have you tried rebooting your device? What email service are you using?

KarenKuzsel

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
Re: Why are my emails disappearing from my iPhone 6?

I've never had a problem before yesterday. Suddenly two of my three accounts (the two from same host) have lost all my emails. I need those for business on my phone. They aren't in trash. New emails aren't lasting in my inbox very long. I've changed nothing in my settings. I've rebooted twice, hoping they'd return. What the heck is going on?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I haven't heard anything like this going on. It has to be your email service. Have you reached out to them? If it continues, I would switch to a different service. I use Gmail, iCloud and Outlook, but no issues like that.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2