I never understood the deal about buying a phone through Best Buy or Wallmarts etc..
    I have a family plan through Sprint and I,m not ready for an update on any of the phones but I,d like to get the IPhone 6. Currently we have 5c,s.
    If I bought a new phone with a 2 year contract at lets say Best Buy will I now have 2 separate contracts?
    Will I open my phone bill next month and find it to be much higher?
    These may be questions I should be asking my provider but I know the minute I walk in there they are gonna try to sell me something in there store and probably have a million reasons why I shouldn,t shop elsewhere.
    I,m wondering if someone here could shed some light on this for me.
    I,m very new to the whole smart phone ( iPhone ).
    I,ve allways had the cheap flip top types from the beginning.
    I didn,t know what I had been missing.
    11-03-2014 08:39 AM
    If you can't not upgrade then new phone is a new contract ! Contracts allow for what retailer call "subsidized" prices, less then retail price.
    melmurphy likes this.
    11-03-2014 08:49 AM
    Most retailers deal with the major four carriers in the US so your sprint plan can be set at the store you choose in most cases

Getting a new device on a sprint contract does come with activation fee but if you have a credit union account they will wave that particular fee but you still might have a few other small fees added on

I recommend going to the sprint store unless you find a better deal else where
    melmurphy likes this.
    11-03-2014 08:52 AM