Will buying from retailer mess up plan?

melmurphy

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
I never understood the deal about buying a phone through Best Buy or Wallmarts etc..
I have a family plan through Sprint and I,m not ready for an update on any of the phones but I,d like to get the IPhone 6. Currently we have 5c,s.
If I bought a new phone with a 2 year contract at lets say Best Buy will I now have 2 separate contracts?
Will I open my phone bill next month and find it to be much higher?
These may be questions I should be asking my provider but I know the minute I walk in there they are gonna try to sell me something in there store and probably have a million reasons why I shouldn,t shop elsewhere.
I,m wondering if someone here could shed some light on this for me.
I,m very new to the whole smart phone ( iPhone ).
I,ve allways had the cheap flip top types from the beginning.
I didn,t know what I had been missing.

raphie

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
If you can't not upgrade then new phone is a new contract ! Contracts allow for what retailer call "subsidized" prices, less then retail price.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Most retailers deal with the major four carriers in the US so your sprint plan can be set at the store you choose in most cases

Getting a new device on a sprint contract does come with activation fee but if you have a credit union account they will wave that particular fee but you still might have a few other small fees added on

I recommend going to the sprint store unless you find a better deal else where

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2