How do I transfer/sync my non-iTunes music from my old iPhone 4S to my new iPhone 6?

I

iMore Question

how to transfer/sync my non-iTunes music from my old iPhone 4S to my new iPhone 6

I just received my to new iPhone 6 and I successfully transfered al of my pix, vids and contacts from my iPhone 4s to my new iPhone 6. Only the few songs that I purchased on iTunes, also transfered. I have about 500 other songs that I synced iTunes from Windows Media Player. Now the songs are gone from WMP, because we had to do a system reset on our laptop. So, my question is how do I transfer/sync my remaining songs from my old iPhone 4s back to WMP or iTunes so that I can transfer/sync them to my new iPhone 6?
Someone please help, I don't want to have to carry both my 4s and my 6 everywhere I go.
Thanks,
Rodney

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: how to transfer/sync my non-iTunes music from my old iPhone 4S to my new iPhone 6

What do you mean by " 500 other songs that I synced iTunes from Windows Media Player"?

Are the physical files still on your computer?

Do they show up in iTunes?

What format are the songs?

rjbabrick

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
Re: how to transfer/sync my non-iTunes music from my old iPhone 4S to my new iPhone 6

A couple years ago I synced my Sony Walkman onto Windows Media Player then dragged and dropped each song (500+) from WMP to iTunes then I synced them to my iPhone 4s. I recently got a new iPhone 6 and when I went to sync my 4s to my 6 all that it synced was the songs I had bought on iTunes. I want to know, how do I sync the rest of my music?

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site

Again, I will ask ...

Are the physical files still on your computer? Search the whole computer if you are not sure.

Do they show up in iTunes?

What format are the songs?

rjbabrick

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site

Sorry it took me so long to get back but my son was trying to remedy my problem.
No the songs are not on iTunes, they are only on my 4s. I believe they're all MP3 format.

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site

You can't copy them from your phone to your computer. There might be a trick if the device is jailbroken. Not sure if that procedure still exists.

If you don't have them on your computer or backed up somewhere, you likely are out of luck on those.

rjbabrick

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site

Ok thanks anyway. I guess I'll just have to use it as my iPod.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73