iCloud Photo Library

Eric6151

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I was reading about this topic on the iMore website last night and thought it very interesting. Is this like Google Drive, dropbox, etc. where you can store your pictures off your device in the cloud? I noticed last night when I went to it on my iPhone5 it was available,but it also said beta behind it. Does that mean it's still in the testing mode should I not use it yet? Will free up space on our devices? The cloud has 5GB for free, might have to buy another 20GB for 99 cents a month. What do you think out there...

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
WOW, it took us a month to answer this! Sorry about that! Anyways, yes it's exactly like Google Drive, or Dropbox, and it works well. I'm not sure if I would subscribe, but there is absolutely no reason not to use the 5GBs for free. It works fine. :)

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
iCloud drive is still in Beta yes and if you use it it WILL delete ALL the photos on your device during backup, You can have one or the other but not both.

BTW iCloud on it's own at 5GB is different than iCloud drive.

cmrobbins42

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
iCloud drive is still in Beta yes and if you use it it WILL delete ALL the photos on your device during backup, You can have one or the other but not both.

BTW iCloud on it's own at 5GB is different than iCloud drive.

I doesn't delete anything from my phone. Just uploads the photos to iCloud and that is it. It even says so in the settings.

IMG_0098.PNG

pkcable

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I've not had an issue with any of my photos thru 3 iPad changes (ipad mini, to ipad air wifi, to ipad air cellular larger size)

The cloud just doesn't like you Jan! ;)

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I've not had an issue with any of my photos thru 3 iPad changes (ipad mini, to ipad air wifi, to ipad air cellular larger size)

The cloud just doesn't like you Jan! ;)
Not much here does Rich... I digress... I don't use it personally either of them backing up via iTunes and everything else through dropbox and phtobucket. Thank you though as I indicated to the other poster I stand corrected. :)

cmrobbins42

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
I stand corrected, Thank you, I suppose I read it the wrong way from the blog, I don't personally use it.:)

I only know because I recently turned the feature on. Even though the feature is in Beta it works well in my experience. I just hope I never have a reason to regret having my photos stored in the cloud.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I only know because I recently turned the feature on. Even though the feature is in Beta it works well in my experience. I just hope I never have a reason to regret having my photos stored in the cloud.
I am with you and as indicated I could have sworn in a How To on how to use it on the blog side I thought I read the opposite but I suppose not not wishing to use it anyway and like I told Rich above I use Dropbox and Photobucket and even Carousel which is a Dropbox companion so between these I am good, TY for posting the screenshot!! :biggrin:

I just found these on Apple.com which I thought you might like to read... Interesting info.

http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT4847

http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT6378

pkcable

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
@pkcable - I was looking at this question, it's from November 2nd. I'm not sure I know how to answer it.

How do I set or view the internet on 9360 Curve?

That one was easy. ;) He needed a BIS data plan added to his account which T-Mobile may or may not still do. (They used to charge 10 dollars extra for this) He can also upgrade to a BB10 device. Or of course switch to Android or iOS. ;)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73