How do I attach a PDF in iBooks to iMessage?

I

iMore Question

How do I attach a PDF in iBooks to iMessage

Share options of my PDFs in iBooks are limited to 'Email' and 'Print'. Is there a setting that I'm missing? Thanks.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: How do I attach a PDF in iBooks to iMessage

Could you send it to your own email address, then from there to iMessage?

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

tripod65

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site

Thanks for response.....yes, I had already done that, but I thought that maybe it could be done without that extra step. BTW I'm using iPad Air with iOS 8.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

Unfortunately that's the only way available right now. It's one of my irritations

kengmick

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
attachments to emails can be copied and then pasted into iMessage. So far the only workaround I know of is to email the pdf, open the sent/received email, then copy the pdf attachment, and paste into iMessage.

David Bootle

Jul 21, 2017
Visit site
Actually, there is a way to bypass this. If you hit print, the print screen will pop up. Pinch outward on the preview picture, and it will display another screen. On that screen there is a share button. Click on the share button and you will be able to send it with messages.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Actually, there is a way to bypass this. If you hit print, the print screen will pop up. Pinch outward on the preview picture, and it will display another screen. On that screen there is a share button. Click on the share button and you will be able to send it with messages.
This absolutely works.