After I replaced my iPhone 5c screen, why does it work fine for about one minute then gets lines down it?

I

iMore Question

Replaced my iphone 5c screen It works fine for about one minute then gets lines down it.

Ok I have a few problems. First I stripped pentalobe screws and cant get them out. Next I replaced lcd/digitizer screen. It works fine for a few minutes then it gets many fine colored verticle lines. After lines nothing works. I wait a little while and it will work again. Then same problem. I already went into settings and rest it. I hate to reopen it because I dont know how to drill screws out. Any suggestions? Could the lcd/screen be faulty? thank you Laura

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: Replaced my iphone 5c screen It works fine for about one minute then gets lines down it.

Based on the vertical lines, I would say it's a loose connection between the screen cable and the motherboard. Not much you can do besides open it back up and make sure the connection is stable.

1lgilmer

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: Replaced my iphone 5c screen It works fine for about one minute then gets lines down it.

Thank you that's what I thought. Any idea about how to get out screws? I have tried with only pentalobe screw driver.:confused:

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Replaced my iphone 5c screen It works fine for about one minute then gets lin...

I had to drill out the screws on a friends 4s years ago. Went pretty easy and since she used a case anyway, everything (including the screen) stayed where it should have.

I used a small metal (not a wood boring bit) drill bit and took my time not to go inward to far.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711