Why is background wallpaper on my iPad suddenly dark and blurry?

I

iMore Question

I have had the same two pictures as my lock screen and home screen ton my iPad mini for several months. Now they are just blurry and dark and you can't even distinguish what the pictures are. I changed the pictures with same result.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: ipad background wallpaper suddenly dark and blurry

That doesn't sound normal. Can you post a screenshot of it? Has your iPad gotten wet? Any other issues? Post a screenshot. That would help if we could see what you're talking about.

nkprbp

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
My iPad hasn't gotten wet. The time and date when the iPad is first opened on the lock screen is also blurred. Everything else is working fine. I'll attempt a screen shot. Not really sure how to do that.

nkprbp

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
Oddly enough the situation has resolved itself. I was using the ipad and it locked up. I restarted and then everything was back to normal. I had tried restarting before but it didn't work until now. Hope it stays this way! Thanks!

Gary Kahne

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
I am having a very similar problem. It has been happening as long as I've had my mini. Home screen picture goes dark and very blurred (icons remain unchanged) at random times and stays that way until I reboot. I can find no relation to either app use or time. It may happen in 1 day or after 2 wks. Any help please.

LMP_IOS

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
It wouldn't be the auto-brightness slider kicking in would it? Dimming the screen adjusting to light (maybe falsely).

You can check by scrolling up from the bottom.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I am having a very similar problem. It has been happening as long as I've had my mini. Home screen picture goes dark and very blurred (icons remain unchanged) at random times and stays that way until I reboot. I can find no relation to either app use or time. It may happen in 1 day or after 2 wks. Any help please.

Have you checked to see if the resolution size of your wallpaper may be the problem. A wallpaper for your iPad Mini should be, at a minimum, 1,262 pixels by 1,262 pixels, or 2,524 pixels by 2,524 pixels if your iPad Mini has a Retina display. That's if you use the square. It can make a difference. If you use the actual aspect ratio of the mini with Retina screen you would use a 2048 x 1536 res size. The regular mini would use a 1028 x 768 res size. A good app for sizing wallpapers is one called "Image Size". I use it all the time.
Image Size by vsmedia.de
https://appsto.re/us/oxX-N.i

The developer,Vitalij Sch?fer, is a nice guy.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

Gary Kahne

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
Trying to send screenshot image.jpg

Gary Kahne

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for your input and thoughts. The same thing happens with ALL wallpapers including the ones provided with iOs,

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    494.5 KB · Views: 2,482
Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2