Spotlight doesn't show wikipedia results

I

iMore Question

I have been trying to emulate spotlight results that show wikipedia results, for example steve jobs. I also tried searching in the unified bar in safari, but without any luck. Web searches are enabled in spotlight search preferences, and smart search fields have been enabled in safari. I don't seem to understand why I'm not able to get these results. Any explanations?

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Which version of iOS are you on? I'm on 8.0.2 and I searched Steve Jobs and it showed the Wikipedia page as a result. I wasn't able to replicate your issue. I'm also on an iPhone 5. So tell me what iPhone or IPad you're using and version of iOS you are running. I can see if I can replicate your issue that way.

vikrantvm

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
Does Spotlight have any region wise restriction? I'm in India and I can't even see wikipedia results in spotlight on my iPhone. Here is a screenshot of my spotlight search in yosemite: Screen Shot 2014-10-19 at 12.06.24.png

vikrantvm

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
Just came across this link..spotlight search is only supported in select countries :/ can't post the link here, I'm a newbie with less than 10 posts

I just get 'search web' and 'search wikipedia' on typing steve jobs..lame

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77