Why did you pick Apple over Android?

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Re: Iphone vs android

What's left for them to do at CrackBerry, but to bash Apple???
It's not like they have actual product to discuss anymore ... ;)

Yeah but they've lost the ability to be civil. Last time I went there it shocked me. I still visit there for the few friends I've got but it's a pretty rough place. Especially if you've got any device that isn't a BlackBerry.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Which one in your opinion is the most balanced, none judgemental and informative?

I will not answer for Rain. But I have found that the least militant is iMore. I can post from my Note 4 here and I won't be trashed. If I post from my iPhone on CB I get the iSheep or told to go away.

Rain is correct. There is no civility there. It's pathetic.

Here you can come in using whatever device and it's cool. Now.....you come in attacking iPhone users you will get your head on a platter. Not for the use of a device, but for insulting and attacking people. Frankly, that's fair. If you dish you have to be able to take.

Take my recent purchase of a Note 4. I posted on AC using my iPhone. Two people came in and gave me the "get rid of that iPhone now that you've got a REAL phone" line and I told them point blank that no, 1) I don't do phone wars and 2) I will continue to use my iPhone because I enjoy it. That was it, case closed. Point was made and that was the end of it. Had it been CB there would have been a 73 page war on BlackBerry vs the world and how much of a troll I was.

So in my experience AC and here I've had no grief. None in WP Central either. CB....that's another planet entirely....

iwoodland

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I will not answer for Rain. But I have found that the least militant is iMore. I can post from my Note 4 here and I won't be trashed. If I post from my iPhone on CB I get the iSheep or told to go away.

Here you can come in using whatever device and it's cool. Now.....you come in attacking iPhone users you will get your head on a platter. Not for the use of a device, but for insulting and attacking people. Frankly, that's fair. If you dish you have to be able to take.

Take my recent purchase of a Note 4. I posted on AC using my iPhone. Two people came in and gave me the "get rid of that iPhone now that you've got a REAL phone" line and I told them point blank that no, 1) I don't do phone wars and 2) I will continue to use my iPhone because I enjoy it. That was it, case closed. Point was made and that was the end of it. Had it been CB there would have been a 73 page war on BlackBerry vs the world and how much of a troll I was.

So in my experience AC and here I've had no grief. None in WP Central either. CB....that's another planet entirely....

Thanks for that! Very enlightening. I'll avoid CB then lol.... Unless I'm bored one night and post from my iPhone 😝😝

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
[Note] The thread topic is "Why did you pick Apple over Android?"[/NOTE] so let's get back on topic please. Thanks...:)

c_hack

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Re: Iphone vs android

I have to disagree, although I am an iOS user. Android Kit Kat is a very smooth and fast OS. apps are really good. Though I do agree about the carrier support. I do agree with your assessment of Apple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have used Android since the Original Droid and still have a Nexus 7. However, I much much prefer iOS for the reasons stated earlier. I compare a quad core 2nd gen Nexus 7 to both an iPhone 5s and iPad Air and the Nexus is noticeably slower. Scrolling is terribly choppy - what are those 4 core doing?! The app quality is relatively poor and flooded with in-app adds. After 5 years I have yet to find a good ad-free weather app for Android that even comes close to being in the top 20 iOS weather apps.

Reliability is another big issue and the original reason I switched from Android to iOS 3 years ago for my phone. Android apps crash much more frequently. The phone radios are unreliable - sometimes they just stop working and require a hard reset. The GPS on android was a nightmare. At least once a month it would lock into the middle of the Atlantic and require several battery pulls.

I didn't give up on Android phones easily. My family had Motorola, HTC and Samsung phones, some until last fall. But, none came close to the reliability, polish and ease of use of iOS.

I can't imagine ever going back to android.

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site

One last word on AC. I used to defend Apple on there, and got permanently banned. The mods are not fair on there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
You know despite the fact that I currently own an android phone, I pretty much spend all my time at iMore just because the people here are the best compared to the other mobile nation sites imo.

Sent from my HTC M8

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
You know despite the fact that I currently own an android phone, I pretty much spend all my time at iMore just because the people here are the best compared to the other mobile nation sites imo.

Sent from my HTC M8

Now I'm not going to talk to you because you have android and not an iOS.

:JK:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen