Why did you pick Apple over Android?

johnnilcru

Banned
Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Re: Iphone vs android

Everyone has different needs for phones and tablets, just have to find the ones that match your needs best.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

True. I wasn't laughing at you possessing a Windows device, and I'm sorry if you thought that way. It's just that I find that the Windows Interface and phone devices come nowhere close to iPhone or Android, and it was a bit funny to see it mentioned here. But on desktop, it's a whole other story, they still own quite a big portion of the market.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site

I chose Apple because the people over at Android Central are a bunch of jerks ... :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413818590.129095.jpg

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site

Yep! You only have to go to a thread and see the Apple bashing. Don't go to CrackBerry, it's even worse.

I think you are generalizing a bit, not every thread is about Apple, and I hardly ever see a thread mentioning Apple nowadays, if anything is being mentioned Apple right now is that I saw a thread about Apple Pay. Android users are less likely to mention other OS's if anything they are fighting over which Android phone/manufacturer is the best. Or complaining about the Nexus 6, either or.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site

Android is a clunky, mostly forked walled garden mess filled with third party bloatware. Have to rely on carrier for support. Poor apps. You'll look dumb using it.

Apple has it all with access to all the major ecosystems. Best support. Best apps. Best mgmt tools.

That's it in a nutshell.

Huh what year 2008-2009?

While I think everybody has their preferences Android is Far from Clunky. My phone currently is the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and love it. My Tablet's are the Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 and Soon the iPad Air 2. I have previously owned a iPad Air for a bit and my still current longest owned phone the iPhone 4 which was 20 months.

While I love Android and wouldn't say I chose apple over Android .... iOS 7 was amazing change of pace and iOS 8 looks amazing imo. I for one prefer Android BUT I like Apple as well and love the simplicity and seamless of iOS.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
1) iOS is wayyyyyyy smoother and more reliable than Android
2) Hardware is more premium and longer lasting.
3) Love the camera on iPhone.. Its fast and photo quality is amazing.
4) Much better battery management despite a smaller battery.
5) True Multi touch display , not just pinch to zoom.. As far as i know, android phones only have pinch to zoom as a multitouch gesture.. Two or more apps cant be swiped away in the task switcher screen on android, unlike on the iphone..
6) Better quality apps (apps which I use)

7) More importantly, I love the fact that i dont have to become a software engineer, hunt down and research wakelocks, disable/enable fast dormancy, root the phone, learn what kernels and modems are and do, in order to get satisfactory performance out of my phone.. I love it that apple has done all that for me. :) :)

1: Android is just as Smooth as iOS. People want to hate on Touchwiz and while in the past is warranted most Skins are very Fluid now. Vanilla Android is just as Fluid as iOS
2: People can argue hardware wise Samsung is cheap with the shiny Plastic but the Note 3, S5, Alpha and Note 4 are the step in the right direction, and Devices like the HTC M7, M8 Are just as premium as the iphone 6
3: Note 4 Camera I love but I think iPhone have just as good cameras with lower MP count
4: I find Battery better on Samsung phones specially with the S5 or later since it has ultra power saver mode which makes everything Grey-scale and as such saves battery much longer then an iPhone though if you exclude it I think i Prefer iPhone battery
5: I believe Android is Multi- Touch just like IOS is now but idk everything is just normal for me lol
6: App Quality is the Same depending on what kind of user. If your using Facebook, Instagram , Netflix or etc I would say Android is better since the bigger screen options anywhere between 5 inches and 6 inches but iPhone is just as good.

Err I have not Rooted my Android devices and know what I am doing with it. I think your taking the small minority who roots and Flashes Roms onto their devices and think it is true Everywhere. The Android Snobs might hate touchwiz and love Vanilla and as such root and Flash vanilla Android onto their device but tbh the Skins Samsung or etc put on is very enjoyable for the average joe imo

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site

I think you are generalizing a bit, not every thread is about Apple, and I hardly ever see a thread mentioning Apple nowadays, if anything is being mentioned Apple right now is that I saw a thread about Apple Pay. Android users are less likely to mention other OS's if anything they are fighting over which Android phone/manufacturer is the best. Or complaining about the Nexus 6, either or.

No, I'm actually not. I wish I was but I really am not. You need to go visit more of the threads with all due respect. Every time I go over there it's, "it's not apple" or "iSheep" or "Android is clearly superior" or arguments about the average IQ of Apple users. While threads are not being created just for exclusively bashing apple, comments sneak in here or there. Do me a favor and search, "Apple" or "iSheep" or some other derogatory comment on Android Central. You'll be surprised.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site

No, I'm actually not. I wish I was but I really am not. You need to go visit more of the threads with all due respect. Every time I go over there it's, "it's not apple" or "iSheep" or "Android is clearly superior" or arguments about the average IQ of Apple users. While threads are not being created just for exclusively bashing apple, comments sneak in here or there. Do me a favor and search, "Apple" or "iSheep" or some other derogatory comment on Android Central. You'll be surprised.

You are talking to someone who main forum in all of the internet is Android Central and no, I'm sorry but I don't agree with nothing you said.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site

And how are you acting any different right now? We are just as guilty at times for throwing out the random android comments here as they are over there with apple. It's part of the territory every forum for that supported product is going to have their negative people and their positive people. How are we any different when you just called android central out as an entire group when i know there are tons of good people at android central. I sure hope android central don't cut us down as a whole due to some of the people here.... kind of a pot calling the kettle black don't you say?... we can't expect much to change if we practice the same type of behaviour here.

Last edited:

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site

Lol? I have read android central alot more the here and android central is far from bashing apple all the time

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site

Lol? I have read android central alot more the here and android central is far from bashing apple all the time

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

If anything WPCentral and CrackBerry bash Apple and Android more than Android Central bashes Apple or iMore bashing Android. You can't see a thread on CrackBerry calling iPhones toys or mentioning Android and virus in the same sentence.

Or going on WPCentral and them calling iPhones overpriced and them also mentioning Android and virus in the same sentence along with Google invading privacy.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I would say every forum has some people championing the devices that are the 'order of the day' for the forum, but we aren't going to tolerate people bashing Apple and its products for no reason at all. However we do allow constructive criticism towards Apple and towards the other platforms here because the main aim of a forum is to encourage debate and hopefully bond people together along the way.

Earl Rogers

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
For me it wasn't one over the other but more about everything working in unison , iPhone , iPad and macbook without using a third party app , when i could receive a iMessage on all the devices that what got me . I switched at a time when I had an iPhone 5s from a note 3 but when the 6 plus came out thats when i truly switched even trade in my note 3

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I would say every forum has some people championing the devices that are the 'order of the day' for the forum, but we aren't going to tolerate people bashing Apple and its products for no reason at all. However we do allow constructive criticism towards Apple and towards the other platforms here because the main aim of a forum is to encourage debate and hopefully bond people together along the way.

Well said

Coachbulldog

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Interestingly, I had an iPod, Apple TV and iPad before finally getting an iPhone. For me the integration between devices and all of the apps I wanted made getting an iPhone a no brainer.

I didn't choose iPhone over Android because I never considered Android. I did give serious consideration to staying with BlackBerry and getting a Bold 9930 though. But because of the reasons I mentioned above, integration and apps, I chose the iPhone.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site

If anything WPCentral and CrackBerry bash Apple and Android more than Android Central bashes Apple or iMore bashing Android. You can't see a thread on CrackBerry calling iPhones toys or mentioning Android and virus in the same sentence.

Or going on WPCentral and them calling iPhones overpriced and them also mentioning Android and virus in the same sentence along with Google invading privacy.

This is true. A loud group has made it so that Crackberry has devolved into a name calling, insulting, bashing, Apple and Android obsessed shadow of what it used to be. It's pathetic. And leadership allows it. It used to be home. Now I just post in the pet thread. Very sad.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site

This is true. A loud group has made it so that Crackberry has devolved into a name calling, insulting, bashing, Apple and Android obsessed shadow of what it used to be. It's pathetic. And leadership allows it. It used to be home. Now I just post in the pet thread. Very sad.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6
What's left for them to do at CrackBerry, but to bash Apple???
It's not like they have actual product to discuss anymore ... ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox