No, I'm actually not. I wish I was but I really am not. You need to go visit more of the threads with all due respect. Every time I go over there it's, "it's not apple" or "iSheep" or "Android is clearly superior" or arguments about the average IQ of Apple users. While threads are not being created just for exclusively bashing apple, comments sneak in here or there. Do me a favor and search, "Apple" or "iSheep" or some other derogatory comment on Android Central. You'll be surprised.
    You are talking to someone who main forum in all of the internet is Android Central and no, I'm sorry but I don't agree with nothing you said.

Posted via the iMore App for Android
    10-20-2014 05:44 PM
    No, I'm actually not. I wish I was but I really am not. You need to go visit more of the threads with all due respect. Every time I go over there it's, "it's not apple" or "iSheep" or "Android is clearly superior" or arguments about the average IQ of Apple users. While threads are not being created just for exclusively bashing apple, comments sneak in here or there. Do me a favor and search, "Apple" or "iSheep" or some other derogatory comment on Android Central. You'll be surprised.
    And how are you acting any different right now? We are just as guilty at times for throwing out the random android comments here as they are over there with apple. It's part of the territory every forum for that supported product is going to have their negative people and their positive people. How are we any different when you just called android central out as an entire group when i know there are tons of good people at android central. I sure hope android central don't cut us down as a whole due to some of the people here.... kind of a pot calling the kettle black don't you say?... we can't expect much to change if we practice the same type of behaviour here.
    Last edited by H A W K; 10-20-2014 at 06:09 PM.
    10-20-2014 05:56 PM
    Lol? I have read android central alot more the here and android central is far from bashing apple all the time

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
    A895 and cwbcpa like this.
    10-20-2014 08:16 PM
    Lol? I have read android central alot more the here and android central is far from bashing apple all the time

If anything WPCentral and CrackBerry bash Apple and Android more than Android Central bashes Apple or iMore bashing Android. You can't see a thread on CrackBerry calling iPhones toys or mentioning Android and virus in the same sentence.

Or going on WPCentral and them calling iPhones overpriced and them also mentioning Android and virus in the same sentence along with Google invading privacy.

Closingracer likes this.
    10-20-2014 08:22 PM
    I would say every forum has some people championing the devices that are the 'order of the day' for the forum, but we aren't going to tolerate people bashing Apple and its products for no reason at all. However we do allow constructive criticism towards Apple and towards the other platforms here because the main aim of a forum is to encourage debate and hopefully bond people together along the way.
    Coachbulldog, HAWK and leepierre like this.
    10-20-2014 08:23 PM
    For me it wasn't one over the other but more about everything working in unison , iPhone , iPad and macbook without using a third party app , when i could receive a iMessage on all the devices that what got me . I switched at a time when I had an iPhone 5s from a note 3 but when the 6 plus came out thats when i truly switched even trade in my note 3
    10-20-2014 09:53 PM
    I would say every forum has some people championing the devices that are the 'order of the day' for the forum, but we aren't going to tolerate people bashing Apple and its products for no reason at all. However we do allow constructive criticism towards Apple and towards the other platforms here because the main aim of a forum is to encourage debate and hopefully bond people together along the way.
    Well said
    Speedygi likes this.
    10-20-2014 09:54 PM
    Interestingly, I had an iPod, Apple TV and iPad before finally getting an iPhone. For me the integration between devices and all of the apps I wanted made getting an iPhone a no brainer.

I didn't choose iPhone over Android because I never considered Android. I did give serious consideration to staying with BlackBerry and getting a Bold 9930 though. But because of the reasons I mentioned above, integration and apps, I chose the iPhone.
    10-20-2014 10:32 PM
    If anything WPCentral and CrackBerry bash Apple and Android more than Android Central bashes Apple or iMore bashing Android. You can't see a thread on CrackBerry calling iPhones toys or mentioning Android and virus in the same sentence.

Or going on WPCentral and them calling iPhones overpriced and them also mentioning Android and virus in the same sentence along with Google invading privacy.

This is true. A loud group has made it so that Crackberry has devolved into a name calling, insulting, bashing, Apple and Android obsessed shadow of what it used to be. It's pathetic. And leadership allows it. It used to be home. Now I just post in the pet thread. Very sad.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6
    jmr1015, A895, cwbcpa and 1 others like this.
    10-21-2014 05:08 AM
    This is true. A loud group has made it so that Crackberry has devolved into a name calling, insulting, bashing, Apple and Android obsessed shadow of what it used to be. It's pathetic. And leadership allows it. It used to be home. Now I just post in the pet thread. Very sad.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6
    What's left for them to do at CrackBerry, but to bash Apple???
    It's not like they have actual product to discuss anymore ...
    10-21-2014 11:06 AM
    What's left for them to do at CrackBerry, but to bash Apple???
    It's not like they have actual product to discuss anymore ...
    Yeah but they've lost the ability to be civil. Last time I went there it shocked me. I still visit there for the few friends I've got but it's a pretty rough place. Especially if you've got any device that isn't a BlackBerry.
    A895 likes this.
    10-21-2014 11:43 AM
    Yeah but they've lost the ability to be civil. Last time I went there it shocked me. I still visit there for the few friends I've got but it's a pretty rough place. Especially if you've got any device that isn't a BlackBerry.
    Ouch! 😜
    10-21-2014 11:49 AM
    Ouch!
    Do you ever visit CB? I have so many phones and tons more I've sold. I love being on all the different forums. Just some aren't as fun as they used to be.
    A895 likes this.
    10-21-2014 12:01 PM
    Do you ever visit CB? I have so many phones and tons more I've sold. I love being on all the different forums. Just some aren't as fun as they used to be.
    Which one in your opinion is the most balanced, none judgemental and informative?
    10-21-2014 12:14 PM
    Which one in your opinion is the most balanced, none judgemental and informative?
    I will not answer for Rain. But I have found that the least militant is iMore. I can post from my Note 4 here and I won't be trashed. If I post from my iPhone on CB I get the iSheep or told to go away.

Rain is correct. There is no civility there. It's pathetic.

Here you can come in using whatever device and it's cool. Now.....you come in attacking iPhone users you will get your head on a platter. Not for the use of a device, but for insulting and attacking people. Frankly, that's fair. If you dish you have to be able to take.

Take my recent purchase of a Note 4. I posted on AC using my iPhone. Two people came in and gave me the "get rid of that iPhone now that you've got a REAL phone" line and I told them point blank that no, 1) I don't do phone wars and 2) I will continue to use my iPhone because I enjoy it. That was it, case closed. Point was made and that was the end of it. Had it been CB there would have been a 73 page war on BlackBerry vs the world and how much of a troll I was.

So in my experience AC and here I've had no grief. None in WP Central either. CB....that's another planet entirely....
    A895 likes this.
    10-21-2014 01:22 PM
    I will not answer for Rain. But I have found that the least militant is iMore. I can post from my Note 4 here and I won't be trashed. If I post from my iPhone on CB I get the iSheep or told to go away.

Here you can come in using whatever device and it's cool. Now.....you come in attacking iPhone users you will get your head on a platter. Not for the use of a device, but for insulting and attacking people. Frankly, that's fair. If you dish you have to be able to take.

Take my recent purchase of a Note 4. I posted on AC using my iPhone. Two people came in and gave me the "get rid of that iPhone now that you've got a REAL phone" line and I told them point blank that no, 1) I don't do phone wars and 2) I will continue to use my iPhone because I enjoy it. That was it, case closed. Point was made and that was the end of it. Had it been CB there would have been a 73 page war on BlackBerry vs the world and how much of a troll I was.

So in my experience AC and here I've had no grief. None in WP Central either. CB....that's another planet entirely....
    Thanks for that! Very enlightening. I'll avoid CB then lol.... Unless I'm bored one night and post from my iPhone 😝😝
    qbnkelt likes this.
    10-21-2014 01:26 PM
    Thanks for that! Very enlightening. I'll avoid CB then lol.... Unless I'm bored one night and post from my iPhone 😝😝
    CrackBerry....not even once.

10-21-2014 01:33 PM
    CrackBerry....not even once.

Sounds a bit cult like!
    the_tech_eater and A895 like this.
    10-21-2014 01:34 PM
    [Note] The thread topic is "Why did you pick Apple over Android?"[/NOTE] so let's get back on topic please. Thanks...
    10-21-2014 01:38 PM
    Was tired of the Android problems I was having. Wanted to try Apple. Have no reason to go back.
    10-21-2014 03:06 PM
    Please stay on topic.
    10-21-2014 04:56 PM
    I have to disagree, although I am an iOS user. Android Kit Kat is a very smooth and fast OS. apps are really good. Though I do agree about the carrier support. I do agree with your assessment of Apple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have used Android since the Original Droid and still have a Nexus 7. However, I much much prefer iOS for the reasons stated earlier. I compare a quad core 2nd gen Nexus 7 to both an iPhone 5s and iPad Air and the Nexus is noticeably slower. Scrolling is terribly choppy - what are those 4 core doing?! The app quality is relatively poor and flooded with in-app adds. After 5 years I have yet to find a good ad-free weather app for Android that even comes close to being in the top 20 iOS weather apps.

Reliability is another big issue and the original reason I switched from Android to iOS 3 years ago for my phone. Android apps crash much more frequently. The phone radios are unreliable - sometimes they just stop working and require a hard reset. The GPS on android was a nightmare. At least once a month it would lock into the middle of the Atlantic and require several battery pulls.

I didn't give up on Android phones easily. My family had Motorola, HTC and Samsung phones, some until last fall. But, none came close to the reliability, polish and ease of use of iOS.

I can't imagine ever going back to android.
    10-21-2014 05:35 PM

One last word on AC. I used to defend Apple on there, and got permanently banned. The mods are not fair on there.

Not Quite Right likes this.
    10-21-2014 06:23 PM
    One last word on AC. I used to defend Apple on there, and got permanently banned. The mods are not fair on there.

You can actually get banned?

Phone Junkie
    10-21-2014 07:38 PM

The mods there from my experience is quite fair... So far

10-21-2014 08:01 PM
86 1234