Hi. I already have a nexus 5 and planning to get my first tablet ever. Now that Ipad Air and Ipad mini 3 are priced at 399$ and Ipad mini 2 at 299$ am not able to decide on which device to buy.
    Coming from a 5 inch display would the 8 inch ipad mini feel any different or should i go for the 10 inch ipad air.
    If Ipad air is the 10inch factor too big and uncomfortable to hold in hand?

- Jimson
    10-17-2014 02:09 AM
  2. Apple_iOS said: Best Answer

The main difference in the Mini and Air is the screen size and price. If you want that bigger screen, go with the Air, but if you like the smaller screen, go with the Mini.

A note to consider here is that the iPad Min 2 and 3 are identical except the 3 has the Touch ID sensor, so you are basically paying $100 more for a fingerprint sensor.

If you want the smaller screen, I'd recommend going with the Mini 2, save yourself the $100 instead of buying the Mini 3. If you want the larger screen, go with the Air. Either way, you will be satisfied
    I own the iPad Air and love the size, slimness, and weight of the device. The big screen is great for reading, watching videos, and web surfing. My sister owns the iPad Mini, and I gotta say, the mini is a lot more portable and easier to get tasks done with since it has the smaller form factor. So I would go with the iPad Mini. As for which mini the 2nd gen or 3rd gen, since you don't own a tablet at all, why not get the latest and greatest one! iPad Mini 3 gets my vote for ya.
    10-17-2014 03:37 AM
    The main difference in the Mini and Air is the screen size and price. If you want that bigger screen, go with the Air, but if you like the smaller screen, go with the Mini.

A note to consider here is that the iPad Min 2 and 3 are identical except the 3 has the Touch ID sensor, so you are basically paying $100 more for a fingerprint sensor.

If you want the smaller screen, I'd recommend going with the Mini 2, save yourself the $100 instead of buying the Mini 3. If you want the larger screen, go with the Air. Either way, you will be satisfied
    10-17-2014 03:46 AM