How can I update Yahoo Messenger after installing Yosemite on my iMac?

PQueimadas

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
hello,
just go to /Applications/Yahoo Messenger.app/Contents/
Edit info.plist with a text editor
Change the option "CFBundleVersion" from the current number (235554) to (235555) then save it.

After that should work fine.
Regards

Jennifer Kellogg

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Editing the plist file didn't work for me. Is there more than one line that needs to be changed?
I edited and saved the file, then got an error "Yahoo Msgr is damaged, do you want to move to trash?"

teamplayerz

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi PQueimadas,

Thanks so much for your fix, however...

Unfortunately I tried that but although YM launches & finds may account name etc, it crashes as soon as I hit 'Sign In'...

(Also tried John Warren2's suggestion to change it back - same result - crashes every time as soon as I press 'Sign In')

Do I need to reboot or anything after changing the (235554) to (235555) in TextEdit & saving?

Many thanks!

Last edited:

EmpireRA

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
Re: How can I update Yahoo Messenger after installing Yosemite on my iMac?

hello,
just go to /Applications/Yahoo Messenger.app/Contents/
Edit info.plist with a text editor
Change the option "CFBundleVersion" from the current number (235554) to (235555) then save it.

After that should work fine.
Regards

Hi there,

When I went into DW to change the CFBundleVersion number from 235554 to 235555, it wouldn't allow me to save the existing file. It gave me the error message that reads: Access to iMacHD:Applications:Yahoo! Messenger.app:Contents:Info.plist was denied. Do you know why that is?

Many thanks

Mac_man

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
The fixes don't work. Yes, Yahoo Messenger launches and looks ready to go....., but the 'Sign In' button does not look right. It IS clickable but the moment you click on it the program quits. Yahoo's recommendation is to use YIM in the Yahoo Mail interface:

mayajan

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi there so I found a way to connect to the YM but I can only send messages back to the party I'm talking to. But it blocks off the video and sound... it does not let me click on the options. Can anyone help? Am I the only one with this problem?

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711