How can I prevent ICloud from popping up on my IPhone and asking me to sign in?

I

iMore Question

I've done both: entered the password or canceled. It still pops up!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
You can't. It's something that Apple will have to address with an update or something.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I've done both: entered the password or canceled. It still pops up!

Do you have 2 factor authentication enabled? Are you running any 3rd party software that is using iCloud? (I have 2FA active, and am running Fantastical). If both of these conditions are met, here's how to fix it:

Apple started requiring application specific passwords/keys for iCloud access for apps that use iCloud data when 2 factor authentication is active. I first encountered this issue with Fantastical.

If you see this prompt, log into your iCloud account and create an app-specific password. Enter that new password in the prompt, and everything seems to be good now.

Using app-specific passwords

Email From Apple Explaining This Issue said:
Thank you for using two-step verification to protect your Apple ID and the data you store with iCloud.

This is a reminder that starting tomorrow, app-specific passwords will be required to access your iCloud data using third party apps such as Microsoft Outlook, Mozilla Thunderbird, or other mail, contacts, and calendar apps.

If you are currently signed in to a third party app using your primary Apple ID password, you will be signed out automatically when this change takes effect. You will need to generate an app-specific password and sign in again.

To generate an app-specific password:
1. Sign in to My Apple ID (https://appleid.apple.com)
2. Go to Password & Security
3. Click Generate App-Specific Password

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234