How do you delete saved messages from an iphone 4s?

I

iMore Question

When I delete text messages they automatically go to saved messages. There is no way to open or delete these messages. These saved messages take up my usage space.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
When I delete text messages they automatically go to saved messages. There is no way to open or delete these messages. These saved messages take up my usage space.
Where are these "saved messages"? Can you please show a screenshot of those? I've never heard of it. You can set them to keep for 30 days, 1 year, or forever. But you can delete them at any time. If you're talking about the messages on your message field, you can delete by pressing on a message, then tap "more", then mark each one you want to delete. To delete them all, after tapping "more", tap "Delete All" in the upper left. Let me know if you need screenshots to help.

pepsi lady

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
These are messages that have already been deleted from my inbox. They automatically go to saved messages, which is found when I look at my usage. It says Messages (Saved) and shows the amount of space used but cannot be opened.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
These are messages that have already been deleted from my inbox. They automatically go to saved messages, which is found when I look at my usage. It says Messages (Saved) and shows the amount of space used but cannot be opened.

Are You are deleting all your messages or are you keeping some?

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk

pepsi lady

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
I'm deleting all of them. All other searches are telling me the messages are automatically saved and that the only way to delete them is by syncing my phone to iTunes.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Those "saved" are just what you have not deleted. I explained how to delete those. I have 13 mb saved as said in Usage. They are just what I have not deleted. You can delete an entire thread by tapping "messages" in the top left. Then tap "edit". Mark a thread and delete. Do you need screenshot photos showing how to delete your messages? I'd me happy to do it for you. Just let me know.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
In my usage in settings:

Before deleting:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413431501.042154.jpg

After deleting the messages. Just 4 mb remain. That's normal.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413431566.407592.jpg

pepsi lady

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
There are no messages in my inbox. All of them have been deleted. Apparently this is an issue only with the 4s and can only be resolved by syncing the phone to iTunes and deleting them via computer and then restoring the phone.

pepsi lady

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
When I delete my messages, the amount showing on saved usage doesn't change. My message box is empty right now yet my phone still shows Messages (saved) 4.0 MB.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox