Which would you prefer, a Mac or PC, and why?

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I went with a Macbook Pro after years (almost decades) of PC ownership. For one, I hate Windows 8....with a passion. But also, I own an iphone and an ipad and I am used to the way things work with Apple and its operating systems. My Macbook is very fast, very portable, and I don't ever have to deal with things like popup ads, taking long to find things, etc. I feel like everything that I do takes less time and less steps on my Mac. Couple that with being able to iMessage from it, sync all of my email accounts the same way they are on my phone, use Notes and other apps that stay in sync with iCloud, and now Extensions coming...it is a seamsless experience. I have a top of the line desktop PC with a 30" LED monitor that I might as well sell. I have not been on it in months.

Vic Rivera

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
I went with a Macbook Pro after years (almost decades) of PC ownership. For one, I hate Windows 8....with a passion. But also, I own an iphone and an ipad and I am used to the way things work with Apple and its operating systems. My Macbook is very fast, very portable, and I don't ever have to deal with things like popup ads, taking long to find things, etc. I feel like everything that I do takes less time and less steps on my Mac. Couple that with being able to iMessage from it, sync all of my email accounts the same way they are on my phone, use Notes and other apps that stay in sync with iCloud, and now Extensions coming...it is a seamsless experience. I have a top of the line desktop PC with a 30" LED monitor that I might as well sell. I have not been on it in months.

I, too, am starting to hate Windows. I'm starting to have issues and I'm looking for something reliable for school.

I'm really starting to think about making Apple my ecosystem.

Your thoughts?

Posted via the iMore App for Android

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Just more comfortable getting around on it. And even though I can backup on the PC. iPhone and iPad is sync's better with the Mac

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Mac, no question. Have used both throughout my life, but Vista is probably what finally killed it for me. It was a terrible implementation of Windows (as we all know) and I was constantly crashing with the blue screen of death for no apparent reason. When it was time to replace that cursed thing, I went with a Macbook Pro and never looked back. I've since replaced that MacBook Pro with the most current model and love it. The OS is rock solid and dependable.

The only gripe I have about it is that I've only had this thing for a month and the SSD has already had to be replaced. My dad has had two MacBook Airs with SSD failures in the past year and a half. Aren't SSDs supposed to be more reliable than spinning drives? I've never had a spinning drive fail on me and now this. I hope it doesn't happen again because it would make me seriously reconsider another Mac.

Anyway, my personal devices are all Apple at the moment, but I always keep my options open.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Mac since 2010. OS X, like Apple, just works. I haven't' seen BSOD in over 4 years. OS X works with the iOS platform in a way that becomes more and more seamless with every release. The handoff and continuity features of Yosemite and iOS 8.1 are manifestations of this seamlessness, taken to the next level.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I've been using a Mac for almost 6 years now, and have rarely even looked at a PC during that timeframe so I would definitely prefer a Mac. Ease of use, stable OS, interoperability and support is top-notch.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Worth every penny?

It has been for me for sure. The battery life I get on my MacBook and its portability are second to none. The ease of doing everything from adjusting volume to setting the brightness, just little things, adds up immensely. It is as reliable as any other Apple product I have owned, or anything I have owned period.

Sakroz

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
For gaming PC for everything else Mac. OS X is fantastic operating system, looks great, uncluttered and feature rich to make your life easier. Each to their own, for me though OS X superior to Windows.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I have both but I've been using a Mac as my daily driver for about 8 years & I love it. I'm not a huge fan of Windows, especially Windows 8. And now that I own several Apple products, it's much more convenient for me. In my experience, Macs are also more reliable and offer piece of mind that if something goes wrong, I can take it to Apple & have it repaired or replaced vs a third party or trying to contact Dell or whoever.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Mac hands down. I used windows literally my whole life(my parents had windows before I was born) and I just switched to a MacBook Air in March. I can't even use windows anymore.

Vic Rivera

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Would a Macbook be better for a college student?

If so, is there a learning curve going from Windows to OS X?

Any through

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Would a Macbook be better for a college student?

If so, is there a learning curve going from Windows to OS X?

Any through

MacBooks are the number one laptops on college campuses. I'm going to college next year(high school senior now, and MacBook's battery life has already aided my studies) so yes to your first question. There is a small learning curve, but small.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner