Why is it if my husband is near my iPhone and he gets a call, my iPhone and my iPad also ring?

I

iMore Question

If my husband is near my iphone and he gets a call, my iphone AND my ipad also ring! Help!!

We did the recent update and have had problems with my phone/ipad ringing when someone is calling him on his iPhone IF he is near me/my iPhone/ipad. Also, I receive a few texts that certain people send to ONLY him on my ipad, and he doesn't have to be near with his phone for this to happen. We have our own phone numbers listed as the only phone to react to phone calls, texts; no sharing on our part.

NekoMichi

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Re: If my husband is near my iphone and he gets a call, my iphone AND my ipad also ring! Help!!

Are all of the listed devices logged in to the same iCloud account? If so, then this is due to iOS 8's Handoff/Continuity feature. You can prevent this by either disabling the feature under Settings > General, or by using separate iCloud accounts.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Re: If my husband is near my iphone and he gets a call, my iphone AND my ipad also ring! Help!!

This has happened with mine and my daughter's iphones. Do you guys share an itunes account? If so, you will need to go your settings and enable/disable what phone numbers and email addresses each device should receive. For example, my iPad only receives imessages sent to my email addy and my iPhone only receives imessages sent to my cell number. My daughter only gets imessages sent to her email address and cell number on her device. Sometimes, when you update, it will enable other ones on devices that shouldn't be receiving those messages.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

You can share the iTunes ID, so you can share app, music and etc. But you need separate iCloud ID, and separate iMessage and FaceTime ID.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Calyan Cook

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site

If you want to keep using the same apple ID go to Settings-facetime- and turn off Iphone Cellular calls. Will definitely fix the issue.