I currently have a MAcbook pro. But I am planning to buy a Macbook air due to its light weight and portability.

I require it to surf net, watch movies, listen to songs, facetime for personal things.
    I need to use various Microsoft programs, Mysql, R software and some other statistical software sometimes all at once.

Will Macbook Air take this much load?

Thanks
    10-09-2014 06:22 PM
    How big are those programs and how CPU intensive will they be? Also which configuration will you get?

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6
    10-09-2014 08:07 PM
    Load all those things up on your MacBook Pro and look at Activity Monitor and see how much RAM you are using. Make sure the Air has at least that much RAM.
    I've never used R but I'm assuming like most statistical software it is going to be fairly CPU intensive. Although I'm sure the Air could do it, you'll probably be happier with the Pro. Although it depends on what generation of Pro you currently have. If your Pro is 2012 or newer with a quad core processor, I'd suggest staying with the Pro. If your Pro is older than that and it currently runs everything you need sufficiently, then the Air would probably be fine.
    10-09-2014 09:16 PM