Why is iphone 5c using so much data lately?

I

iMore Question

Over the last couple months, the data use on my wife's iphone has tripled. Data dumps every three hours (3,6,9,&12). Was there a recent change to the operating system that increased data usage? icloud maybe? If so, can icloud be set to only backup through wifi?

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
iCloud is automatically set to back up when connected to a power supply and connected to wifi- I am not sure what you mean by data dumps but maybe something has changed on her end- like maybe wifi isn't available anymore where it used to be

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Is it possible that she's actually using that much more data? Is Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etcetera, updating constantly in the background. Does she use location based reminders or the "Share My Location" and "Frequent Location" features? I recommend you or her go through EVERY setting on the device and make changes accordingly, if necessary.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I have been using the living daylights out if my phone. I mean I'm ON IT almost constantly.
Here is my usage:
View attachment 67893
As JustMeD noted, check the settings.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

dgcorn

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the advice. I checked her phone last night and every single app was set to send and receive data through cellular - one game had used 1.3 gb of data. I turned off the background updates and cellular data usage for most of the apps and reset the counter. Hopefully that will do the trick.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2